Tuesday, June 4, 2013

June Photo Challenge on Facebook

Hi everybody! I know I haven't written yet, but it has been busy with finals coming up and such but I will hopefully be writing more on the blog this summer.  Anyway... on our Dearli Designs Facebook page, I have started a 30 day June photo challenge which means every day until the end of June I will post a picture of something related to sewing either it being something that we have made, or just a cute item that I see online.  So go check that out every day for a new picture! :)  If you don't go on Facebook, no worries!  I'm adding the pictures right here on the blog also! I won't be doing that every day, but at least once a week (hopefully).

<3 Arielle

Day 1.

This is the outfit that I am currently working on in 4-H. It is a basic dress made from regular black fabric jazzed up by the red bias strips sewn on to the dress. As you can see, I am far from the finish line (the top isn't even sewn on the skirt yet), but at least it is starting to look like a dress! The pattern/design was taken from the Party Dress Book by Mary Adams

 

Day 2.

This is an example of faggoting which is a decorative stitch to sew two pieces of fabric together other than just your normal straight stitch. This piece of fabric is part of a dress that Liana is currently working on in 4-H.

 


Day 4.

This is Liana modeling her latest dress that she has been working on in 4-H. The hem is not finished yet, but after that she will be mostly done! This dress pattern/design was taken from the Party Dress Book by Mary Adams.


No comments:

Post a Comment