Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Summer Sewing

Arielle told me I need to keep up the blog!  She's been doing such a good job on our Dearli Designs Facebook page that I forgot about this.  But not all our friends are on Facebook. 

The girls worked hard to complete their outfits for the Regional Fashion Revue.  They each won first place in their divisions!  Arielle will go on to compete at the state level.  But before then, Arielle wants to add to her look with a quilted clutch purse.  Liana created this bag and Arielle and I are copying it.  I've made several!  They are fun and easy.



 
We made some fabric donations to our local 4-H club and in the process of sorting fabric I came across some unfinished projects.  One is a Fenced-in Chicken quilt I started long ago.  I am not too enthusiastic about it, so I decided to make it "throw" size and use it for movie night on the sofa.  Picture to follow when I finish it.

We sold a bag, so I made another bag to replace it on our Etsy store.  I really like the colors. 

I'm already excited about my new project--a queen-size quilt for my son's wedding in January.  A friend of mine told me about a great website:  http://www.missouriquiltco.com/  I am happy to recommend this site.  They have a wonderful selection of quality fabrics and very informative tutorials.  I came across an easy method for making a quick baby quilt and used it to make a shower gift in one day!  Picture to follow after I bind it.  I guess I have a lot of projects to complete but so little time!

One more month and then we are on to more serious activities--like school!  The girls have a heavy schedule this year and I will be teaching four classes.  Better finish my sewing in August! 

No comments:

Post a Comment